Codeforces Cheater IOI Medalist

Revision en1, by CheaterExposer, 2023-09-22 22:02:53

I was looking at the standings of CodeTON Round 6 (Div. 1 + Div. 2, Rated, Prizes!), and I noticed this person submitted problems in reverse order and very fast, which made me very suspicious.

I investigated more and found out that he had one more account that also participated in the contest.

It was obvious they were the accounts of the same person because they had similar names and organizations and used exactly the same template in the past.

Then I started looking at the codes.

It was obvious that the codes submitted by TimaDegt were changed versions of the codes submitted by TimDee. He wanted to escape the plagiarism detector, and he was successful because his account didn't get skipped. However, the similarities are obvious. The codes of TimaDegt use the same defines and coding habits, like whitespaces and newlines.

However, this isn't a good enough proof. If it weren't for a mistake he made, he would've gotten away with it.

He submitted exactly the same code from both accounts, which proves he used both accounts in the contest.

I looked at other contests and found many more contests where he also used both accounts. They're also full of many "coincidences".

People wouldn't expect a high-rated person to cheat, but he did. He's also a medalist from IOI 2023 (Timur Degteari), which only makes things worse. I hope the 2 TON he earned from cheating was worth ruining his reputation. I also hope that Codeforces gets better at cheater detection.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English CheaterExposer 2023-09-22 22:02:53 1971 Initial revision (published)