The Hypocrisy of Censoring Opinions on Contests

Revision en5, by Hastorius, 2024-09-03 22:30:18

So about half an hour ago I made a post arguing for the previous contest to be rated, at least for those with positive deltas. Whether you agree or not, it's not a particularly extreme opinion, yet my blog post was removed from codeforces within minutes. This is rather hypocritical action from a platform that very strongly supports durov on the basis of free speech, yet at even just a suggestion from a random pupil they go straight to deleting posts. Without getting too political, I think we can all agree that there is worse stuff on Telegram than disagreeing with making a contest unrated. I doubt this post will even be up for a couple of minutes, but regardless, codeforces admin should have significantly better ways of resolving issues than silencing those that even slightly disagree on relatively meaningless issues.

Edit: This was relegated to draft status randomly about 10 minutes ago. I reposted shortly after and the upvotes/comments are unchanged but it was most definitely removed from top prior to me reposting it.

Edit 2: The number of upvotes on this post was rising at first. However, in the past 20 minutes or so, I've seen a rapid decrease in this number, which is unexpected given the rapid rate of decline and the lack of any changes I've made that would alter public perception of this post to the extent that it would halve it's upvote count this quickly.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en5 English Hastorius 2024-09-03 22:30:18 353
en4 English Hastorius 2024-09-03 21:59:41 210
en3 English Hastorius 2024-09-03 21:52:27 0 (published)
en2 English Hastorius 2024-09-03 21:48:03 118 (saved to drafts)
en1 English Hastorius 2024-09-03 21:04:19 994 Initial revision (published)