Internship and Career Guidance needed

Revision en1, by manishabukhredia7, 2015-10-04 22:55:32

Hello, Codeforces community.I need some guidance about career opportunities in software industry. First, let me tell you a few things about me. -> I am a Computer Science undergraduate who is interested in Competitive programming . -> Despite my interest, i am below average in CP. -> Although, i have taken about half-a-dozen courses in CSE, i don't feel like i know anything about those. I read those courses to pass the university exams but i literally have no idea about there applications(and now have almost forgot those things). -> I have read a lot that the interview for Software Engineering jobs are mostly biased towards data structures and algorithms(fortunately i love these stuffs), but i don't know how someone with only these skills can be hired and what kind of work are they expected to do. -> I am comfortable with only C++(although i had some horrible experience with java).

I desperately want to do an internship in the coming summers, and i want to learn the skills needed to get hired . Kindly, help if you can. Thanks for reading this far. :)

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English manishabukhredia7 2015-10-04 22:55:32 1123 Initial revision (published)