Isn't The New Rating Formula discouraging and unfair

Revision en1, by manishabukhredia7, 2015-10-10 12:17:08

So, guys i was going through the standings of Round 324 . Look at the profiles of harhil and blhoy . Both of them ranked 665 in round 324. Now , look at these data harshil's rating before contest = 1703 blhoy's rating before the contest = 1503 harshil's rating after contest = 1700 blhoy's rating after the contest = 1540 . As per this formula , blhoy will have to perform consistently for 6 or more rounds to reach a rating of 1700 ( which can only happen if he has a bit of luck apart from training hard), but on the other hand even if harshil keeps underperforming like this in all upcoming matches(which i wish not to happen) , then he will take about 50 or more matches to reach a rating of 1500 or near . I am not a mathematician , and i'm not aware of how the new formula is working , but it sounds completely unfair to me for someone who started with a bad round here . Can , you guys share your feelings about this and may be some other examples from the last few rounds .

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English manishabukhredia7 2015-10-10 12:17:08 1139 Initial revision (published)