On Cheating to Avoid Rating Loss

Правка en1, от aadit.ambadkar, 2022-11-19 02:46:13

A while ago, I was wondering if there was any way to avoid losing my rating when suddenly it struck me: What if I used public code on ideone to mark a submission as a "cheat submission" to be flagged for cheating and have my rating change canceled? I decided to put it to the test, participated in Round 833 (Div. 2), answered a few questions, and then submitted a cheat solution, copied directly from a public ideone, for problem A. Loh and behold, my -200 rating was canceled, and I remained blue.

So what's the moral of the story? I don't know. Cheaters should have their rating changes removed, but should they have it removed even if the change is negative? Until CodeForces takes action and allows cheaters to have negative rating changes, we can effectively negate any negative delta and only climb up and up. (Of course, this relies on the Carrot extension correctly predicting delta changes during the contest)

Теги cheating, negative-delta-bypass, cf-hack

История

Правки

Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en1 Английский aadit.ambadkar 2022-11-19 02:46:13 958 Initial revision (published)