Please subscribe to the official Codeforces channel in Telegram via the link https://t.me/codeforces_official. ×

Can anyone hack my solution to problem E in last div2?
Difference between en1 and en2, changed 21 character(s)
The basic idea is, set a value $B$, if a subtree's maxinum height is smaller than $B$ then it's useless because after $B$ queries it will jump out of the subtree. If there are $y$ sons of $u$ satisfying maxinum height greater than $B$, let's ask $y - 1$ of them and if none of these queries return $1$ then we go to the remained son's subtree. We can get a chain.↵

Now keep asking a leaf to make the queries number up to $B$, then $x$ is on chain we get, so do a binary search. The total queries number is $B + \log n$.↵

I don't know how to prove $\sum y - 1 \le B$, maybe it's totally wrong. But:↵

- For E1, I set $B = 280$. After I get AC, I found that there are two big bugs in my code:↵
   - I did not use _a subtree's maxinum height is smaller than $B$_, but use _a subtree's maxinum height is smaller than $B + now$ ($now$ is the queries number i have done)_ to judge if a substree is useless.↵
   - After I get the chain, I do $B$ queries on a leaf instead of _making the queries number up to $B$_.↵
   - Why this can get AC?↵
- For E2, 
iI set $B = 140$. I fixed bugs above and get WA on pretest 49. After contest, I use _a subtree's maxinum height is smaller than $B +- 3$_, to judge if a substree is useless and i get AC. Why?↵

My E1 code: [submission:271595615]↵

My E2 code: [submission:271694519]↵

Can anyone hack then?

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English SkyWave2024 2024-07-21 09:45:48 21
en1 English SkyWave2024 2024-07-21 07:51:27 1377 Initial revision (published)