Do I really Need the Community?

Revision en1, by Auwais, 2024-09-04 03:08:28

At my university and in the environment I’m in, not many people see problem-solving, improving skills, and consistently practicing DS, algorithms, etc., as important as they are. Sure, some do, but not enough to make it a real priority, whether in groups or on their own, leaving me without a community or peers who share my interests.

This has made me question whether I should care if others around me are solving problems or showing interest in these areas. Should I focus on learning from each other's mistakes and improvements? Do I even need someone to guide me on what path to take, or should I just keep learning on my own until something new comes up, then look it up and slowly build my knowledge without anyone’s help?

Is there supposed to be someone or something to point out what’s right so I don’t waste time on what isn’t? I haven’t found that yet, so should I search for such a person, or should I be the one to create that community? By doing so, I can improve myself in the process, teach others, and, in turn, learn from their mistakes. It’s possible that someone I help could become better than me in certain areas, which would benefit me as well.

Or should I just keep learning on my own because it might not make much of a difference?

Ultimately, perhaps relying on yourself is the most important approach?

Here’s a revised version incorporating that perspective:

Some might ask why I should even bother looking at what the university offers instead of focusing on online communities. The reason is that I spend a lot of my time at the university and want to make the most of that time, especially during breaks. I thought it would be beneficial to use this time for improving my skills and connecting with others who share similar interests. However, I haven’t found anyone to collaborate with or benefit from. Additionally, universities often host competitions that can significantly enhance your skills, but due to a lack of interest, these opportunities often go underutilized.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English Auwais 2024-09-04 04:45:45 63
en1 English Auwais 2024-09-04 03:08:28 2062 Initial revision (published)